Registering motor vehicles is the basic condition for their involvement in traffic.
The vehicle is registered by its owner.
After purchasing or importing a vehicle, contact the testing centre and enclose the required documents:
- Proof of vehicle ownership;
- Proof of payment of the prescribed fees;
- Vehicle’s roadworthiness certificate;
- Proof of identity; and for vehicles owned by legal persons, authorisation for vehicle registration;
- Certificate of conformity, or certificate of verification of conformity of an individually inspected vehicle, or decision of the authority competent for metrology on excluding the vehicle from the procedure for establishing conformity, for vehicles subject to verification of conformity.
After performing the vehicle inspection, the testing centre fills in the vehicle registration certificate and provides registration plates.
When buying the vehicle or when the previous registration has expired.
Good to know
Detailed information on registering motor vehicles: https://goo.gl/NRcl8K (in Croatian)
You register your vehicle at the police authority or station in your place of temporary or permanent residence, temporary or permanent stay, or headquarters.
Police authorities and stations in Croatia: https://goo.gl/SQExDX
Vehicle registrations can be renewed in any vehicle technical examination station in Croatia where you go for a technical examination, or in a police authority and station.